Start a new topic
Answered

Unit of Measure

Is there a way to change the unit of measure in the program? The tree height, flame length and rate of spread are all in meters which means there will need to be a conversion table on every page of the report that would be included in a burn plan.

Best Answer

Just to update this string, as of February fire behavior Map Studio  layers and summary reports are in English Units. 

Landscape stand height, canopy base height and bulk density are in metric. 

GeoTiff export rasters for Landscapes and for Fire Behavior are both in metric units. 

If there is interest in having these in US standard as well, please feel free to voice that here.

Hi Tim, I've only been able to produce results for these values in metric units. I'll do some checking with others and re-post here if I find otherwise, but it's likely those are limited to metric outputs currenly.

As of now we are limited to Metric but do hope to integrate US Standard in the future.

1 person likes this

It would be a good idea to also include US standard measurements as well as metric. 

Answer

Just to update this string, as of February fire behavior Map Studio  layers and summary reports are in English Units. 

Landscape stand height, canopy base height and bulk density are in metric. 

GeoTiff export rasters for Landscapes and for Fire Behavior are both in metric units. 

If there is interest in having these in US standard as well, please feel free to voice that here.

Login or Signup to post a comment