Start a new topic
Implemented

LCP FILE (Exporting?)

I created a fuels treatment and generated a report for model outputs. Is there a way to export the model outputs (LCP Files) to be used in FLAMMAP

5 people like this idea

Hi Colin

Right now there is not an LCP export feature, but we are planning on that being an available function in the near future. We understand that folks would like to export their data and do additional analysis in other programs. Stay tuned here and we will update when we have better information about downloadable data. 

Kim

IFTDSS Team

This would be a GREAT addition. For NEPA analyses, we (Deschutes National Forest Fuels Planner types) like to combine flame length and crown fire outputs to create a fire hazard matrix for the project area before and after treatment, broken down by treatment unit and veg type.  Without the ability to download the LCP or individual raster outputs, we wouldn't be able to use IFTDSS to do this analysis. 

Please add this as a high priority enhancement! Thanks!

1 person likes this

Thank you Lauren for the example of how you would use an LCP outside of IFTDSS... we think this is an important feature to add and it is most definitely on our list of things to do. We will be taking all the input here in the Forum into consideration when we start adding enhancements, so keep posting, its a big help. 

Kim

IFTDSS Team

Just to follow up on this topic, I've heard that this would be a nice feature in light of the LFDAT tool functioning less well with the newer versions of ArcMap that continue to be released. 

The IFTDSS team understands that this is a highly desired feature and it is on the list to be worked on in the next 6 weeks.. keep checking back and we'll let you know when its ready to go!

Kim

IFTDSS Team

2 people like this

Hi, I am looking at transitioning to IFTDSS as I am currently starting a new planning process.  One key part of my analysis plan is Burn Probability runs for each alt.  As I understand it, this function is not yet ready in IFTDSS.  I was bummed to read here that I can't export the .lcp files to run BP outside of IFTDSS.  I don't want to have to recreate the .lcp's both in IFTDSS and in GIS, of course.  Can you update me on when you might expect IFTDSS to either include BP or the ability to export .lcp files?  Might have to wait on IFTDSS without one of the two in place.  Thanks.   

Hi Gabe, 

This has been a frequently requested feature, we're glad to say the team is testing the .lcp download capability now, it is scheduled to be released the middle of this month.

Burn probability is also in the works but it will take a little longer with development running through the Spring/Summer. 

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment