Start a new topic
Answered

Conditioning WXS

Is there a way to output the fuel conditioning .WXS use in the burn probability model for a landscape from IFTDSS?

Best Answer

Hi Colton, sorry for the delay!  When you download a model output (any of the models in IFTDSS, not just Landscape Burn Probability) from Playground or My Workspace, there is an input file in the folder.  Open that with a text editor, such as NotePad, and scroll down to the section that starts with CONDITIONING_PERIOD_START.  You will need to copy and paste the rows starting with RAWS_ELEVATION through the end of the data with the weather stream (end of that section) into a new text file. Choose the Save As option and change the type to All Files, then add .wxs to the name of your file. I attached a picture with the main steps.  

Nicole

IFTDSS Team

Hey Colton  - thanks for posting... there is a way to do what you would like to do... our resident expert in burn probability and the outputs is going to post here this afternoon (1/19) with instructions... stand by... we'll get you an answer..

Kim

IFTDSS Team

1 person likes this
Answer

Hi Colton, sorry for the delay!  When you download a model output (any of the models in IFTDSS, not just Landscape Burn Probability) from Playground or My Workspace, there is an input file in the folder.  Open that with a text editor, such as NotePad, and scroll down to the section that starts with CONDITIONING_PERIOD_START.  You will need to copy and paste the rows starting with RAWS_ELEVATION through the end of the data with the weather stream (end of that section) into a new text file. Choose the Save As option and change the type to All Files, then add .wxs to the name of your file. I attached a picture with the main steps.  

Nicole

IFTDSS Team

1 person likes this

Great, Nicole, thank you very much!  Just what I wanted :)

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment