Start a new topic

User Created edits

I'm trying to play with a landscape to display current LFB, LBP, and QWRA results to further support NEPA proposal to AA's and other program managers.  I'm attempting to change fuel models based on proposed treatments and re-run models in the playground to display the results but would like to be able to change not only the Fuel Model but also the Fuel loading of specifically DWD  since some of the proposed treatments will have successional changes to the fuels but some of the loading will remain for a time.  is that something IFTDSS is working to have the capability to be able to customize?

Hey Nick - 

Great question - we don't have the ability to create custom fuel models as the moment.. we have not had many requests for this kind of thing, but that doesn't mean it is out of the question.  Our first priority is to get the new Default Edit rules into the system so those could be used for creating fuel treatments using the research and data that LANDFIRE uses for disturbance mapping.  Once those new rules are in place and available to users we could add Custom Fuel models to our list of development ideas.  

If other users out there think this is something that would be useful in their work, we'd love to hear about it.  Examples like you mentioned Nick are really helpful... 

We do have the ability to upload custom landscapes now, so that could be one way to use that kind of information in IFTDSS for NEPA analysis. It would be a bit of work but you could build a landscape outside of IFTDSS (modify and make custom models) and then upload that into the system for the rest of the analysis.

Thanks for reaching out Nick

-Kim

IFTDSS Team

1 person likes this

Thanks, Kim, If y'all need a beta tester I am a good Guinea pig!!

Login or Signup to post a comment